Your privacy is critically important to us. Second Mind Labs Inc. is the corporate entity that operates a mobile application on the iPhone and a website at Second Mind.ai (for purpose of this document will be referred to as “Second Mind”).
It is Second Mind’s policy to respect your privacy regarding any information we may collect while operating our application and website.
The Information Second Mind Collects
The amount and type of information that Second Mind gathers depends on the nature of the interaction. There are three ways Second Mind collects information:
- We collect information you provide to us voluntarily when you sign up and become a registered user of our service. If you provide Second Mind permissions to access your mobile phone contacts, Second Mind will periodically access your address book or contact list on your mobile phone to locate the mobile phone numbers and email addresses of other Second Mind users, which are stored as one-way irreversibly hashed values. For any third party applications that you choose to integrate such as email or file services, Second Mind does not store any data except the matches that occur during conversations for purpose of maintaining a history for you, which will include number or contact that call was with.
- We collect and store metadata from apps you choose to connect with Second Mind such as Google apps (Gmail, Google Drive, Google calendar), Dropbox, Foursquare, Microsoft Outlook, etc. This information is to maintain a history of matches that occur for each of your calls so you can view this history.
- Second Mind will from time to time record and save calls for purposes of deep learning and mapping of your speech patterns and vocabulary. This enables Second Mind’s artificial intelligence engine to improve its recognition and understanding of your speech patterns and vocabulary. This will improve our service over time and enable new capabilities.
Like most web and mobile operators, Second Mind collects non-personally- identifying information of the sort that web browsers and servers typically make available, such as the browser type, language preference, referring site, and the date and time of each visitor request.
Second Mind’s purpose in collecting non-personally identifying information is to better understand how Second Mind’s visitors use its service. From time to time, Second Mind may release non-personally-identifying information in the aggregate, e.g., by publishing a report on trends in the usage of its service.
Second Mind also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. Second Mind does not use such information to identify its visitors, however, and does not disclose such information, other than under the same circumstances that it uses and discloses personally- identifying information, as described below.
How we user your information
Personal Information. When you register, Second Mind requires certain personal information including, but not limited to, your name, email address, profile photo, company name, and industry. If you choose to create a Second Mind account by connecting with a third-party social network, Second Mind will collect any of the above information you made publicly available on that network. Also if you choose to connect your phone contacts with Second Mind, we will The reason Second Mind requests this information is critical to the service and detailed as follows:
- Account Creation. This is the information used to create your Second Mind account.
- Speech Recognition and Vocabulary Customization. With a knowledge of your industry, Second Mind can better tailor it’s speech recognition to your business needs.
- Billing and Payments. In order to process payment for our service, we may ask for your credit card number and other billing information. In addition, we may ask you to approve Apple’s App Store payment or ask for your bank account information or Paypal details.
- Customer Service. Second Mind will use your personal information to respond to your inquiries or questions. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users.
- Third-Party App Metadata. We store the metadata from the apps you connect such as Google apps, Dropbox, and Foursquare only in regards to matches that occur during calls. This is so we can maintain and provide you a history of matches for all your calls made using Second Mind.
- Aggregated Statistics. Second Mind may collect statistics about the behavior of visitors. Second Mind may display this information publicly or provide it to others. However, Second Mind does not disclose personally-identifying information other than as described below.
Sharing and protection of your personally-identifying information
- Second Mind Users. When you register to Second Mind, no one else will have access to your personal information.
- Third Party Social Networks. When you connect with a third party social network, we may allow you to post certain Second Mind activity to your accounts. No activity is posted to a third party social network without your permission.
Employees. As a general rule, Second Mind’s employees and service providers do not monitor, review or listen to your meeting information that is recorded and stored by our Services; however, we list below the limited circumstances in which our employees and service providers will access or review your meeting information:
- We need to do so to evaluate problems with the quality of our voice recognition.
- We need to do so for other troubleshooting purposes
- We believe our Terms of Service has been violated and confirmation is required
- Compliance and Law Enforcement. Second Mind discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations that (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Second Mind’s behalf or to provide services available at Second Mind’s websites, and (ii) that have agreed not to disclose it to others. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organizations may be located outside of your home country; by using Second Mind’s service, you consent to the transfer of such information to them. Second Mind will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone. Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organizations, as described above, Second Mind discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only when required to do so by law, or when Second Mind believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Second Mind, third parties or the public at large. Second Mind takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorized access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
- Security of Billing Information. When you enter sensitive information such as credit card number on our registration or order forms, we encrypt that information using secure socket layer technology (SSL). We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the Personal Information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. We will make any legally required disclosures of any breach of the security, confidentiality, or integrity of your unencrypted electronically stored "personal data" (as defined in applicable state statutes on security breach notification) to you via email or conspicuous posting on our website and mobile application in the most expedient time possible and without unreasonable delay, insofar as consistent with (i) the legitimate needs of law enforcement or (ii) any measures necessary to determine the scope of the breach and restore the reasonable integrity of the data system.
- Phishing. Identity theft and the practice currently known as "phishing" are of great concern to Second Mind. Safeguarding information to help protect you from identity theft is a top priority. We do not and will not, at any time, request your credit card information, your login information, or national identification numbers in a non-secure or unsolicited e-mail or telephone communication. For more information about phishing, visit the Federal Trade Commission's website at http://www.ftc.gov.
Policy towards children
Second Mind’s website and mobile application are not directed to individuals under 18. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 13. If a parent or guardian becomes aware that his or her child has provided us with Personal Information without their consent, he or she should contact us. If we become aware that a child under 13 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our files.
If you have any questions about this policy, please contact us at feedback@SecondMind.ai.